With our current COVID19 pandemic lockdown, it’s easy to lose motivation for staying active – Trust me when I say “I get it!”. It’s tempting to adopt a routine of staying up late, sleeping in, treating yourself to comfort foods, baking goodies, drinking the wine/beer/cocktails – we’ve all been there!
But that’s exactly when we need to STAY active. It’s okay if we slip, but remember to get back into a healthy routine. Better yet, work on a new healthy routine. Work on developing some new habits that will help you in the future. Learn something new. Practice a skill. Your mental and physical health will benefit from it.
My list for staying active and healthy:
- Walk. Walk on a treadmill, or outside – just walk.
- Learn something new.
- Drink water. Bored? Drink water. Hungry? Drink water. Thirsty? You know the drill.
- Work on your hobbies or projects.
- That thing you said you didn’t have time for? Do that!
- Have a ZOOM meeting with your family and friends. (Major mental boost right now)
- Cook healthy meals from whole foods.
- Walk some more.